Saturday 26 December 2015

Gig Review - RTE 2FM Charity Gig in Aid of ISPCC @ 3 Arena, Dublin

Gig Review - RTE 2FM Charity Gig in Aid of ISPCC @ 3 Arena, Dublin

Hands down one of the gigs of 2015 for me, made even better due to the fact it was all in aid of such a great cause. Bringing together the incredible talent of Irish music and putting on a superb performance in front of thousands of people, this gig certainly won't be forgotten anytime soon. The acts included:

1. The Riptide Movement

This rock band formed back in 2006 got the night's entertainment up and running with a superb, energetic performance. Their first time performing at the iconic venue and it was clear from their stage presence that they loved every second of it. Their song "All Works Out" which has received a great response and a huge amount of airplay recently was the pick of their songs, with the crowd up on their feet dancing and singing along. Great opening act. 


2. Gavin James

Need I say more about this guy? I recently reviewed his headline gig in Scala, London and I have him tipped as my number 1 artist for 2016. Gavin James performed second before rushing off to headline his own gig in Whelan's. His songs were met by rapturous applause with 'For You' and 'Bitter Pill' being sung along to by virtually everyone inside the venue. James is doing incredibly well and has just announced that his three shows in The Olympia Theatre next January have now all sold out. Well deserved. 


3. Little Green Cars

These guys have always been a band I've wanted to see live and I have to say they didn't disappoint! Singer, Faye O'Rourke was actually the only female performer on the night so her vocals really stood out. They had a couple of huge fans standing around where I was standing! Personally, Harper Lee was my favourite song of theirs and I have since played it on my radio show! 


4. Ryan Sheridan

I actually cannot stress how good Ryan Sheridan was at this gig. He absolutely blew me away. I have always been a fan of his music but never seen him perform in front of a live audience but his energy and engagement with the crowd was phenomenal. 'Jigsaw' went down a treat but the stand out moment was his cover of Coldplay's outstanding track 'Fix You' as the audience held up the lights on their phones. Goosebumps. 


5. The Coronas

I don't think guest appearances get much better than this. The Coronas weren't originally down to play at this gig but when their name was called on stage, the screams were deafening. They performed some of their best hits both old and new and the crowd knew every word. Lead singer Danny O'Reilly said he was honoured to be involved in a gig for such a great cause. These guys are back in the 3 Arena on New Year's Eve where they will be joined by Ryan Sheridan, Kila, Little Hours and Fatboy Slim. 


6. Hudson Taylor

Second last act of the night were the incredible duo of Hudson Taylor. Their excitement to be on stage was palpable and the audience clearly fed off that vibe. Performing tracks such as 'Chasing Rubies' and 'Battles', these guys also put in a stellar performance to cap off what has been an extremely impressive year for them. Onwards and upwards as they say! 




7. Hozier

The largest cheer of the night came for the headline act, Hozier. A guy who really has represented Ireland globally over the last 12 months in incredible fashion. He said himself that he was delighted to be home and he gave a performance that will long live in the memories of the audience. I don't think I would be exaggerating when I say I think everyone knew every word to every song! An honour to see him live for the first time. 


EOIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment