Monday 21 November 2016

Gig Review: Walking on Cars @ The Liquid Room, Edinburgh

Irish Band Smash First Headline Show In Scottish Capital


Last week's gig at The Liquid Room was the first time Walking on Cars had ever headlined in Edinburgh and judging by the reaction, it certainly won't be the last.

It was also my first time in the city and I have to say, aside from the music, the two days that I spent there travelling around, I completely fell in love with the place and I'll definitely be making a return too!

You might remember I reviewed Walking on Cars' gig in London a while back and I was full of praise. I guess the reasoning behind me heading over to Scotland was to see what response they got. Here in Ireland, we all know that they are a huge, huge success. A sold out show in the 12,500 capacity 3 Arena justifies that!

The Liquid Room however, held around 800 people which suited me perfectly. I love intimacy when it comes to gigs and I think the band also fed off that buzz.

They played every song off their critically acclaimed debut album "Everything This Way" and pretty much every word was sang back to them, which I always find fascinating when I'm in another country!

Of course, the crowd favourite was the very last song which is what lead-singer Patrick Sheehy described as "putting Walking on Cars on the map here in Scotland." Which song am I talking about? Speeding Cars. You can check out the video for that track below!

I'm not usually a huge fan of clichés but practice certainly does make perfect and it's clear to see that all the touring that the band have done over the last number of months and even years has undoubtedly made their performances absolutely faultless.

There's an energy, a passion and an excitement that just oozes from the stage and that keeps the audience engrossed for the duration of the show.

A quick mention to the support act as well, Mr Tor Miller. I have to hold my hands up and say that I wasn't overly familiar with his music before the gig but he did impress me and will more than likely feature on the blog in the not too distant future.

Walking on Cars still have plenty more tour dates to get through; you can check out the full listing on their website www.walkingoncars.com




No comments:

Post a Comment