Sunday 6 November 2016

Oddsocks Release Brand New Single

Dublin Based Band Offer A Little Taster Of What's To Come On Their Upcoming Album


I guess I just stumbled upon these guys by chance. Sorting through a couple of CDs and press releases at the radio station that I work for, I decided to give their single a quick listen, and boy am I glad that I did!

Immediately, Oddsocks hit all the right notes with me and I knew that I had to feature the new single on the blog along with a bit of info on their upcoming album release and launch tour!

November 18th is the all important date for your diaries because that's when their highly anticipated and progressive new album will be released for the world to hear! "The Sound Of The City" features punk-pop and soul performances along with the strong influence of producer Rian Trench. The lads also say that this record portrays a defined new direction for the band.

The actual album campaign itself kicked off last week with that release of the leading video/single "What You Trying" and you can check that out below and let me know what you think.

To mark the release of the album, Oddsocks will be playing in well known venues around Ireland over the next number of weeks and have announced that a host of guest musicians will join the core group for the live shows in what promises to be a multidimensional sonic feast!

Those dates include:

Nov 18 - The Sound House, Eden Quay, Dublin 
Nov 19 - 5th On Teeling, Sligo
Nov 25 - Eddie Murphy's, Thomastown, Kilkenny
Nov 26 - Nellie Fred's, Dingle, Kerry
Dec 02 - Coughlan's Live, Cork
Dec 03 - The Harbour Bar, Bray, Wicklow

For more information on how to get your hands on tickets and stuff, log onto www.oddsocksmusic.com




1 comment: