Thursday 22 December 2016

James Arthur Makes Comeback Birmingham Gig One To Remember!


I had the absolute pleasure of flying over to Birmingham from Dublin on Wednesday night to witness a revitalised James Arthur play a sold out gig in the O2 Institute.

I reckon this year alone, I went to over 50 gigs, and I can say with my hand on my heart that this gig would definitely be in my top 3 for 2016 - he absolutely smashed it!

It's been well-documented about James' personal struggles with addiction but I think that is what made his new album that little bit special. 'Back From The Edge' deals with those problems and comes straight from the heart, and I have to say, seeing those tracks performed live, with so much meaning and emotion is sensational.

The gig itself lasted the guts of two hours as he performed close to 20 songs, old and new, and the crowd held on to every single word, with of course 'Impossible', 'Recovery' and 'Say You Wont Let Go' being particular favourites!

Next year promises to be just as busy for the X Factor winner as he heads off on another UK Tour in March which is pretty much sold out! He's also releasing the music video for his newest single 'Safe Inside' on Christmas Day, so make sure you keep an eye out for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment