Monday 16 January 2017

EP of the Week: 'Wife' by Brian McGovern

Let me tell you, this is a guy really creating a stir in the Irish music industry of late. Whether it be releasing an EP, playing a sold out gig in Whelan's or supporting Gavin James in the 3 Arena, Brian McGovern truly is a name to keep an eye on.

His EP 'Wife' was brought out a little earlier this year and I'm delighted to feature it as my EP of the Week, simply because I haven't stopped listening to it over the last few days or so!

It consists of three extremely heartfelt, emotional and exceptionally well-written tracks; Scars, Wings and the title of the EP 'Wife'.

It's available to listen to on Spotify etc. and so far, it has been really well received by the general public!

Furthermore, as I said, he's fresh from a sold out gig in the iconic Dublin venue, Whelan's (sold out in 4 days might I add!) and talking to him afterwards, he was understandably over the moon! It was so much of a success, that last weekend, he went back to play their 'Ones to Watch'!

Just to get a little taster of what to expect from the EP, check out this live video Brian recorded of my favourite track 'Scars'.

Video credit: The Ruby Sessions.




No comments:

Post a Comment